Friday, August 9, 2019

Shorty Story : Karna



Krishna was the last one who was present near my body as it was burning into ashes on 18th day of Kurukshetra. With my death, everyone believe that the war was over.
I, Karna without Kavach And Kundal, with curse and no divyastra, burning silently on the bank of the river when my soul saw five burning touches coming towards Krishna, I was sure they were Pnadavas but it was too late.

I could not believe that the soul without body felt so complete and light. Doing my last pranaam to Krishna, my soul, or can I call it real "I" left the place. Within moments I was standing in front of my father, The Sun. I felt so blessed. But little did I know that one whole cycle of different commitment or curse was waiting for me. Conversation about my past life and greetings were soon completed before the father broke news to me.

When Indra took my Kavach and Kundal during Daan ceremony to save his son Arjun, little did he know what he is taking with me.Father told me that that the Kavach and Kundala cannot be destroyed and Indra was afraid to keep it with him thinking someone from devloka might misuse it. Father had no choice but to accept it back. Father informed me that only existing person or soul who can bear it and help destroy it was me, Karna. I hardly understood where the conversation was heading.
Father informed me that since the Kavach and Kundala is made up of five elements, it will take almost five thousand years to destroy it and only a small part can be destroyed a year. And it can be destroyed only when it will be bear by a body or a soul.

Father told me that only person who has vairagya and velour to not to misuse it is me and hence I had to take it up as my duty. Father asked for that boon from me and my instinct without thought was "I give you that". Father smiled "I knew you will never refuse it my son. But to do it, your soul had to become immortal without entering in any other body for at-least 5000 years. Also every year you have to help one person from earth to achieve the knowledge which you have acquired about Yoga."

I was surprise that this fact was revealed to me after such a long time. Yes, I was a great Yogi and I had achieved many techniques and discovered many techniques in yoga to sharpen my warrior skill. And doing so, I achieved enlightenment as a living being. The only person who knew that secret was Krishna.

Father told me that during every year and Yug, I have to update my knowledge of that era and choose one person. I do not have to reveal myself. I can call out the selected human and work with his soul during sleep state to transfer the knowledge. Father gave me the boon that I can travel in time , select a human and transfer yoga knowledge to the soul so that the human can use the knowledge. The day I complete the knowledge transfer, a portion of Kavach and Kundala will be destroyed.

I remembered Krishna and he was there. Krishna told me that this task is the most important task and actually sole purpose for me to continue my journey in destroying Kavach and Kundala. The power was so strong that anyone in Devloka can get tempted to bear it and become the most powerful person. And any other bearer cannot destroy it, cannot remove it. Only you had that power and hence you are chosen. I never understood how Krinshna knew it. But that was Krishna, the bearer of knowledge and knowable.

Since for should, there is no night or day, I spent some time with myself to digest the task. I think giving was my destiny and if I wish or not, it has to be fulfilled. My father never asked me for anything and this was my chance to give him. Father asked me to wear Kavach and Kundala and my soul felt immense power and my journey began.

It was 5000th year, I met so many humans in so many era's and transferred the knowledge of Yoga. Every year some bits of Kavach and Kundala were getting destroyed. This was the last piece and last year. The journey felt endless. any I started my search in modern India. My plan every year was simple. Learn the culture, language and tools used and then start my search for human. This time it was exciting as so many tool, cultures and languages I learned in modern India. My most favorite tool was watch. It is a time keeping machine. In our era we only knew "Prahar"

None was matching or even near to receive this knowledge. The year was 2015, 5000 years after my death, I was worried as the time was running and last piece need to be destroyed. If I miss this year, Kavcha and Kundala had the power to grow again which mean it will be a disaster. Since my soul is immortal, I always use to meet my Guru Parshuram and lord Hanuman as they were immortals. Also my friend Ashwathama, son of Dronacharya.

There are only five immortals since all the Yugas and they were

Bali, also called MahaBali. Every year on the day of Onam, he descends to earth from the heavens to visit his people. I hardly knew of him and nevertheless I never liked him when he was around. I was not sure but it was the fact. Bali never cared.

Hanuman, served Rama. I had great respect for him. He was sitting on flag of Krishna’s chariot during war which I fought in Mahabharata

Kripacharya , military guru of the princes in the Mahabharata, of course I knew him very well. He never liked me and still does not. We met but hardly talk.Eventhough now he knows the truth of my birth, he still keeps away from me

Parashurama, My master, master of all astras, sastras and divine weapons. The lie I told him about my birth made him angry to curse me to forget my Bramhastra knowledge

Vibhishana, brother of Ravana from Ram's era

Vyasa, the sage who composed the Mahabharata, lived in my era and I believed he knew the truth of my birth.

Birth, my most horrible curse when I was alive as a human. I was born to Kunti, but she never reveal the secret of my birth due to society

Me, Parshuram and Hanuman always use to discuss knowledge and I use to feel, I have so much to give. This time human is going to be very fortunate as my Yoga plus what I learned extra from my Guru will be given to him

Varun was standing in his balcony smoking a cigarette when I first scanned him. Seem lost but I could read his thought could scan human since his birth, till date by travelling time through human's brain. So fascinating I thought. Varun's brain seem very complex. He was spiritual but still hooked to materialism. He was poet but still had a mind of logical man. He know Yogsutra's of Patanjali, still could not implement. Can he be the choice, I waited.

Varun had a son with Autism, it’s a new age problem which was never there in my era. A complex brain disorder which cut his son, Rahul off from the world. Varun loved him a lot and I spent few days enjoying their non-verbal chemistry. I forgot my mission watching their love for each other. But instict told me that he is the choice. But cigarette and alcohol, I had to work hard. One day Varun wrote something on Guru..
"Guru hai har kan buse
kaise laagu paay
kinni bhi karu chaakri,
karz utro na jaay"

It meant "My master's presence is everywhere, how can I touch his feel for blessings, his is blessing me every moment. No matter how much I serve him, I will be under his debt"

I made my choice. I devised a plan to teach him meditation technique, powerful , yet simple yoga postures considering Varun's age and life style and planned to give him knowledge of Patanjali yoga sutras. I though I will need only few moments to pass this knowledge to Varun as he seem ready.
On that night, Varun slept early with Rohan. Rohan kept on shuffling which disturbed Varun's sound sleep and it was making my task difficult. Finally the moment came when both were fast asleep. I looked at time, there were only 11 days left for me to transfer knowledge and I was running of time.

I wanted to start with Postures, Meditation and then YogaSutras(Theory to master Yoga) which were
                Eight Limbs of Yoga
                Five Ways of Yoga
                Vrittis(States) of Mind
                Ways to Handle Vrittis
                Nine Obstacles
                Five Signs of disturbed mind and extension of obstacles
                Overcoming obstacles
The person who knows above principles as per Patanjali(Great saint who discovered yoga) is a master of Yoga

The difficult task was achieved within nine days as Varun's should shown exceptional skills in grasping the knowledge. Every night I will call upon his soul and the transfer of knowledge use to happen from soul to should in much faster way. I spent one night for posture, One for meditation and 7 days for Yogasutras.

I had many beautiful discussion with Varun apart from knowledge. I loved his writings and thought process. Humans have evolved so much. Knowledge use to come to Varun during the day time which I use to observe. The knowledge received by soul just appears in the act and human do not have the idea from where the knowledge is coming. Varun never doubted that as he was a poet. Poets knows that words are always there in universe, they just pick it and make the creation. Like that Varun always believed there are only discoveries and no inventions. Barring few exceptions, I supported his theory

Last two days passed in observation, and the last piece of Kavach and Kundal vanished to announce the mission is complete. The last night I had so many discussion with Varun's soul. One funny thing he sais about Romance, we called it "Prem Ras" in our era. Varun said that in his world, people hide their inability to express romance under the title of maturity and age. They do not realize that romance and love is their very nature. When romance is over from life, your life is over. Actually so true, I thought. I remembered Vrushali. She did meet me before I came for this mission and she always ensure till I lived that romance or Prem Ras is never out of our life.

I said goodbye to Varun without attachment as his soul entered his body again. I waited till he got up in the morning.

I observed him carefully as he walked to the door. I knew that time was running out but suppressed the urge to check my watch. I took a deep breath and started counting in reverse under my breath. "Ten, nine, eight, seven..."

***END***

Glossary
Kavach and Kundal - Karna was born with this armour and earring. They were impenetrable by any weapon and it was a part of Karna's body. This was the reason he was undefeated. Indra took it from Karna as a part of "Daan" to save Arjun. Arjun could never have defeated Karna with Kavach and Kundal
Prahar - Time slot
Vrushali - Karna's whife when he was alive
Krishna - Who narrated Bhagvat Gita in Mahabharata
Kurukshetra - Where war of Mahabharata occur
Kavach - Armour
Kundal - Earing
Vairagya - dispassion
Bramhastra – Weapon of mass destruction worked on Mantra(Special word in Sanskrit language)
Indra – King Of God and Father of Arjun
Pnadavas – Five brothers and Sons of Kunti who was Karna’s mother. Middle son Arjun killed Karna
Divyastra – Devine weapons
Daan – charity to needy
Devloka - As per Hinduism where God's abode
Yug - Era
Dronacharya - Master of Kaurava and Pandava's.
Patanjali - One who wrote Yogasutras
Yogasutras -  Principles of Yoga
Onam – One of the festival in Hindu

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Chandresh. You are such a blessed soul.

    How about writing a part-2 of this story...?

    Come on... Get, set and go... Time is running... Ten, nine, eight...

    ReplyDelete